The new 9 holes were designed in the early 00’s by course architect, Marc Westenborg of Hawtree. The result is a magnificent course which combines the best of Eddie Hacketts design.
The 8th and 9th & 13th holes in particular, provide golfers with an unforgettable challenge.
Please replace divots and pay particular attention to repairing pitch marks. Thank You.
Pitch Mark Repair
The greens of Carrick-On-Shannon Golf Club are regarded as some of the finest in the country. In order to keep them in top condition it is essential that pitch marks are repaired as soon as possible. You may repair any pitch marks on the green before putting.
- Discard the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball.
- Insert the pitch mark repairer tool just outside of the back of the pitch mark.
- Lever the turf towards the centre of the pitch mark.
- Repeat this motion from all sides of the pitch mark.
- Gently tap the repaired area with your putter. This action stretches undamaged turf over the pitch mark, providing instant recovery.
- DO NOT replace the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball. It will die and delay the healing process.
- DO NOT pry up the centre of the depression with the pitch mark repairer as it exposes the soil and will delay the healing process.
- DO NOT insert the pitch mark repairer and twist it. This only breaks more turf loose.